CSR Generation: Plesk
Generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on Parallels Plesk
To generate your CSR, you will need to log in to your Plesk account. The screenshots are from the latest Plesk release (v9), but the instructions apply to versions 7-9.
- Log in to Plesk. Click on 'Domains' from the left-hand menu, then click the domain you wish to request the certificate for. Click the 'SSL Certificates' icon.
- Click the 'Add SSL Certificate' icon.
- Fill out your information in the form. Note: for wildcard certificates, the Domain Name field should be in the format: *.mydomain.com.
We advise to use at least a 2048-bit key, which is the minimum for EV certificates.
Click the 'Request' button.
- You will be returned to the 'SSL Certificates' section. Click the name of the certificate in the list.
- Scroll down to the section labelled 'CSR'. Highlight the whole CSR as shown in the screenshot, and then you can copy and paste the CSR into the web enrollment form.