CSR Generation: Microsoft IIS 4.x
Generating an IIS SSL Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using Microsoft IIS 4.x
To generate your CSR, you will need to log in to your server and use the following instructions:
- Open the MMC (Microsoft Management Console).
- Expand the 'Internet Information Server' and then expand your server name.
- Open the 'Properties' of the website you require the CSR for. Do this by right-clicking on the website.
- Open 'Directory Security'.
- Under the 'Secure Communcations' area, choose 'Key manager' and select 'Create a New Key'.
- Fill out your information. The following characters are not allowed: ! @ # $ % ^ * ( ) ~ ? > < & / \
- Click 'Next' until you complete the process. Answer 'Yes' to saving any changes.
- Open the CSR file that was created with a text-editor (usually notepad). Copy the contents of the file, from:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----Paste this information into the enrollment form when requested.